This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individuals and small groups of clients as a personal trainer.
A suitable Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) qualification or equivalent.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1: Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness (F/615/4012).
- Unit 2: The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health (J/615/4013).
- Unit 3: Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions (R/615/4015).
- Unit 4: Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients (Y/615/4016).
- Unit 5: Programme design and delivery for personal training (H/615/4018).
- Unit 6: Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers (D/615/4020).
This qualification is assessed by:
- Multiple-choice exam.
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Practical demonstration/assignment.