The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to enable them to design, plan and deliver safe and effective Pilates classes.
There are no specific entry requirements.
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1: Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017).
- Unit 2: Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051).
- Unit 3: Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015).
- Unit 4: Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016).
- Unit 5: Principles of Pilates matwork (D/602/5324).
- Unit 6: Programming Pilates matwork (H/602/5325).
- Unit 7: Instructing Pilates matwork (K/602/5326).
This qualification is assessed by:
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.