This qualification will provide learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and personal training sessions to a range of clients.
There are no specific entry requirements.
The learner must complete the eleven mandatory units
- Unit 1: Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness (A/616/7499).
- Unit 2: Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors (K/616/7501).
- Unit 3: Health and safety in the fitness environment (M/616/7502).
- Unit 4: Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change (A/616/7504).
- Unit 5: Planning and instructing gym-based exercise (F/616/7505).
- Unit 6: Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness (F/615/4012).
- Unit 7: The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health (J/615/4013).
- Unit 8: Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions (R/615/4015).
- Unit 9: Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients (Y/615/4016).
- Unit 10: Programme design and delivery for personal training (H/615/4018).
- Unit 11: Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers (D/615/4020).
This qualification is assessed by
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Practical demonstration/assignment.
- Multiple-choice exam.