This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to programme safe and effective exercise for both pre and postnatal clients, taking into account the physiological and biomechanical changes associated with pregnancy and the key considerations for pre and postnatal clients taking part in physical activity.
The learner must hold one of the following, or equivalent:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
The learner must complete:
- Unit 1: Physical activity, health and nutritional considerations for pre and postnatal clients (M/617/2148).
- Unit 2: Programming safe and effective exercise sessions for pre and postnatal clients (T/617/2149).
This qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of evidence.