This qualification will provide learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to a range of clients.
There are no specific entry requirements.
The learner must complete the five mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness (A/616/7499).
- Unit 2: Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors (K/616/7501).
- Unit 3: Health and safety in the fitness environment (M/616/7502).
- Unit 4: Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change (A/616/7504).
- Unit 5: Planning and instructing gym-based exercise (F/616/7505).
This qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Practical demonstration/assignment.
- Multiple-choice exam.